Banks Services -
- Combustion and Gas Cleaning System configuration /
- Combustion SAFETY review, audits, upgrades and personnel
- Feasibility and economic evaluations, from "big
picture" level to final details.
- Performance evaluation and improvement plans. We can stay
with your project from start to start-up.
- Objective problem assessment. We do not need to sell you
- Research and literature surveys, to find the information
you need when you have more urgent tasks.
- Software development - simple time-saving tools to help
- Project execution, hardware inspection, system
installation and startup assistance - we save you time
- Troubleshooting services - on the phone or at your site..
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) to formalize the
safety status of your equipment and plant. We can set it
up or just participate as a knowledge source.
Why use Banks Engineering?
- We have decades of experience with
industrial waste combustion and air pollution control
equipment. We know what we don't know, as much as
what we do know. We help you be successful.
- We have a practical understanding of
all project interfaces - functional, structural,
manufacturing, cost, quality, safety and management. We
help you make it work.
- We are independent of the
major equipment manufacturers, but are part of an active
industry network - we have the contacts required to make
a project move.
- Equipment Design (specific hardware for specific
- Process and detail level design of combustion and air
pollution control equipment - particularly systems
involving incineration of waste liquids and gases. We can
provide high level process specifications as part of a
Request for Quotation to vendors or we can generate
complete designs with CAD drawings for equipment
fabricators and installers.
- Troubleshooting (well, it
was supposed to
- Examination of existing combustion and scrubbing systems
for problem definition and resolution. Our staff has the
experience to evaluate most problems quickly. We can
recommend and help implement a fix in most cases and can
suggest a combination of options for unique problems.
- Feasibility Studies (what
arrangement is best, considering our priorities?)
- Evaluation of waste disposal problems and potential
technology choices. Our experience often lets us guide an
end user quickly to the most practical and lowest cost
answer to problems in this area. We have the industry
contacts to assure that you get the prompt attention you
- Project Execution
(helping make it happen)
- We create specifications to meet your particular
requirement, solicit quotations from appropriate vendors,
help you evaluate the proposals and expedite / inspect
the resulting work. We can help you keep your project on
schedule and on budget.
- Combustion Safety Audits, Upgrades and
- We review your current combustor systems with an eye to
safety. We then present a written report noting any gaps
in hardware, procedures or training compared with
generally accepted standards, such as NFPA. If needed, we
are then available to work with your team to perform
upgrades, including hardware specifications, software
updates, procedures corrections and personnel training.
Everything we do is aimed at preparing your plant's
personnel to maintain the updated safety program into the
The following are examples of work done for hardware
suppliers, engineering houses and end users:
- Petrocon Engineering
- Design of a staged catalytic incineration system for a
Gulf Coast location. Operating manual and corrosion
research for a catalytic oxidizer / bromine scrubber
system in Korea.
- John Zink Company
- Troubleshooting and startup - NOx reduction incinerator
near Leipzig, Germany. Photo:
Dan Banks with Plant Manager.
- Kerr-McGee Chemical Corporation
- Several vent gas odor control projects - gathering system
and wet scrubber for wood treating plants in Missouri,
Illinois and Texas.
- Tosco Refining
- Fired heater emission survey and correction project in
- Callidus Technologies
- Offgas incinerator troubleshooting and startup at
Lyondell-Citgo Refinery near Houston, TX. Startup of
sulfur plant combustors at Pemex refinery, including help
with resolution of subcontractor fabrication problems.
Photo: Dan Banks with Pemex
- ARCO Chemical Company
- Specification assistance and shop inspection for
replacement incinerator for a West Virginia chemical
plant. Coordination between supplier, end user and site
- Kaldair, Inc.
- Operations and safety review for a large liquid seal
flame arrestor at a Gulf Coast plant. Capacity evaluation
of gas/liquid knockout vessels.
- Bayer Corporation
- Several projects, including engineering studies,
specification preparation and vendor interface for major
modifications to waste incinerators at a Gulf Coast
- Zeeco, Inc.
- HAZOPS on a crude oil loading terminal flare system bound
for the former USSR. Elevated flare radiation
calculations for offshore platform.
- Process Combustion Corporation
- Process and fabrication review on two large incinerator
systems being built for a Taiwan chemical company.
- Calpine Corporation
- Incinerator modifications for new waste gas service,
investigation of wet quench system corrosion problems and
recommended changes, and investigation of boiler feed
water system for enhanced reliability.
Photos: geothermal waste gas
- Waste gas incineration system furnace detailed design and
project assistance, including fabricator inspections,
permit application assistance, HAZOP input, etc.
- Tom Brown Inc.
- Sulfur plant tail gas incinerator operability
improvements and design of a system to replace natural
gas fuel with waste gas previously sent to the plant
- WastePro Inc.
- Detailed design of new waste gas and combustion air
mixing hardware to improve incinerator capacity. Plant
capacity was increased about 50%!
- Consulting to improve capacity and reliability of pulp
mill TRS offgas incinerator systems.
Click here to go back to Home Page.
Send mail to dan at banksengineering.com
(replace "at" with "@" - fight spammers)
with questions or comments about this web site.
January 12, 2007